Analyzing Curves and Profiles Using the Functional Data Explorer Course
This course helps you recognize and model functional data. It teaches you to use the data as a response, such as the outcome for a designed experiment, or as new covariates or features, such as in a multivariate analysis.
Functional data are defined as a function, profile, or curve. They are a series of observations over time or any other continuous variable. These data can be modeled so that changes in the shape can be associated with changes in other variables.
Learn how to:
- Recognize functional data and their uses.
- Preprocess data to suit the functional data analysis.
- Select a model of the functions.
- Obtain optimal representations of the functions.
- Use the new representations as the responses in the analysis of a designed experiment.